Solar Panels are now available from hundreds of different manufacturers using different technologies like crystalline Silicion,CIGs and Cd-Te.The Solar Panels Efficiency also varies a lot depending on the solar panel manufacturer and the technology used.The cost of the solar panel can also vary a lot depending on the retailer,size of the solar panel,technology and the brand.This makes buying solar panels a confusing problem though most residential and commercial buyers are not involved leaving the decision to the solar installer/EPC company.Sunpower is a US company which makes the most efficient solar panels using its monocrystalline solar cell technology which gives efficiency of more than 24%.The company sells black solar panels with efficiency of 18-20% .The company is a solar system integrator and developer as well building some of the largest solar farms in the US.The company was recently bought by the French Oil Giant Total.Sunpower operates in all the main segments of the market and has reputation for selling some of the highest quality solar panels in the country.
Sunpower Solar Panels
Sunpower sells the highest efficiency solar panels made from its record breaking monocrystalline solar cells which have more than 24% efficiency.Sunpower E-18 to E-20 Solar Panels – SunPower E18 to E20 Series solar panels deliver high efficiency solar technology utilizing SunPower Maxeon patented technology with back-contact solar cells.
Sunpower Residential Solar Panels
- Sunpower E18 Series Solar Panels come in 2 variants a) Sunpower E18/230 Residential Solar Panel which gives 230 Watts and b) Sunpower E18/225 Signature Black Residential Solar Panels.This panel has a black backsheet.These have an efficiency of 18%.
- Sunpower E19 Series Solar Panels come in 2 variants a) Sunpower E19/240 Residential Solar Panel which gives 240 Watts with 72 solar cells and b) Sunpower E19/320 Residential Solar Panels.It has 96 Cells .These have an efficiency of more than 19%%.
Sunpower Commercial and Utility Solar Panels
- T5 Tile – The SunPower T5 roof tile combines the solar panel, frame, and mounting system into a single pre-engineered unit. Each Non-penetrating T5 roof tile positions at a 5-degree tilt for greatest energy production, making the T5 the most powerful SunPower solution for area-constrained or weight-constrained flat rooftops.
- T10 Tile – Similar to the T5 roof tile,this one has a 10 degree tilt .Uses the same E20 Solar Panel
- PowerGuard Solar Roof Tile – It is a simple, high-density system for commercial rooftop solar power installations. It has non-penetrating modular design insulating and protecting your roof. Uses a E18 Series Solar Panel
- T10 Tracker – This is a single-axis solar tracker design with SunPower E20 Series solar panels which requires 20% less land than conventional crystalline fixed tilt systems
- T20 Tracker – This is also a single axis tracker from Sunpower but uses the E19/425 Series Solar Panels.
- Sunpower E20/435 Solar Panels – This is the most efficient solar panel available in the market today with the highest power rating of 435 Watts.the E20 series provides panel conversion efficiencies of up to 20.1%. This Solar Panel weighs just 28.6 kgs and has 128 Sunpower Maxeon Solar Cells.It has a 25 year power warrant and a 10 year product t warranty.It has all the normal IEC Certifications.
Sunpower give a 25-year limited power warranty and a 10-year limited product warranty
Sunpower Solar Technology
Solar Cells Efficiency can vary from 18% to 24% for the normal monocrystalline silicon technology.Note solar cell manufacturers are constantly improving efficiency in order to lower their costs and get ahead in this competitive solar industry.Sunpower makes the highest efficiency crystalline solar cells on a commercial scale.Sanyo is the other company which makes the most efficient Monocrystalline cells .
Sunpower Solar Panel Prices
Sunpower Solar Panel Prices are priced at a premium to the normal crystalline solar panels because the efficiency of the solar cells made by Sunpower are higher.Also it uses monocrystalline solar technology which costs more to produce.Sunpower generates almost 20-30% higher power per unit area which makes it ideal for space constrained solar installations.For residential applications which needs good aesthetics as well,the black solar panels made by Sunpower are a good fit.It also sells solar tiles and solar trackers.Sunpower solar panels are selling for around $2/watt to dealer.On top of this the solar panel dealers apply a 30% markup which means that you can buy it for around $3/watt.So for a 308 Watt solar panel from Sunpower you have to shell out around $900-950.
Also Read about Reviews on
Sunpower Solar Panel Specifications
Sunpower E20/435 Solar Panel Specification
Nominal Power (+/-5%) Pnom 435 W
Cell Efficiency ? 22.4%
Panel Efficiency ? 20.1 %
Rated Voltage Vmpp 72.9 V
Rated Current Impp 5.97 A
Open-Circuit Voltage Voc 85.6 V
Short-Circuit Voltage Isc 6.43 A
Maximum System Voltage IEC 1000 V
Temperature Coefficients Power (P) – 0.38%/K
Voltage (Voc) -235.5mV/K
Current (Isc) 3.5mA /K
NOCT 45°C +/– 2°C
Series Fuse Rating 20 A
Limiting Reverse Current (3 strings) IR 16.1 A
Grounding Positive grounding not required
Measured at Nominal Operating Cell Temperature (NOCT):
Irradiance 800W/m2, 20° C, wind 1 m/s
Nominal Power Pnom 323 W
Rated Voltage Vmpp 67.2 V
Rated Current Impp 4.81 A
Open-Circuit Voltage Voc 80.1 V
Short-Circuit Voltage Isc 5.20 A
Operating Conditions Specifications
Temperature – 40° C to +85° C
Max load 550 kg/m2 (5400 Pa), front (e.g. snow)
w/specified mounting configurations
245 kg/m2 (2400 Pa) front and back (e.g. wind)
Impact Resistance Hail: 25 mm at 23 m/s
Certifications IEC 61215 Ed. 2, IEC 61730 (SCII)