List of Top 10 Electrical Home Appliance Companies in India
Every home these days is full of modern appliances that are available in the market. With every day that passes by, technology is getting evolved and so are the home appliances. Hence in the present age of technology it is extremely crucial that a home has most of the necessary appliances of the modern day. These appliances have made our life a lot easier and comfortable. More importantly the lives of the people at the present are very much fast paced. Thus at times like this the advanced home appliances help us to save time as well as energy. The common appliances that we use in our everyday lives are juicer, mixer, micro wave ovens, grinders, washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, TVs etc.The Indian market is growing at the fastest pace in the world right now with the growing middle class spending rapidly in acquiring these appliances.Some Companies like LG and Samsung have made massive inroads into the Indian market winning huge marketshare.Japanese and US electrical appliance companies have been slow to get off the blocks giving the first mover advantage to the Koreans.Domestic Indian companies like Godrej,Onida and others have also lost out in the marketshare despite giving a good fight in the initial stages.However the massive size of the Indian market has made it imperative for every global electrical appliance company to invest in India.However sales and distribution remains the most important thing to penetrate the Indian electrical appliance market.
1) Samsung – With over 70 years in business, Samsung is engaged in providing a diverse service range to its customers right from semiconductors, skyscrapers, petrochemicals, to fashion, medicine, finance, hotels and more. Headquartered in New Delhi, Samsung India has widespread network of sales offices all over the country. Samsung Electronics leads the global market in high tech electronics manufacturing & digital media. The product range is wide & varied from mobile phones, LCD TVs, cameras, home appliances like washing machines, refrigerators, ACs to laptop, notebooks & computer peripherals. Samsung’s businesses harness the power of the digital revolution to create ground-breaking products and services that take consumers and businesses beyond imagination.
2) LG – Founded in 1958 as Goldstar, the company is today known for bringing advanced digital products and applied technologies to its customers. LG Electronics is on its way to becoming a worldwide leader in digital world, ensuring customer satisfaction through innovative products and superior service. The company controls 114 local subsidiaries worldwide, with roughly 82,000 executives and employees. LED, LCD TVs, washing machines, microwave ovens, AC, mobile phones, music systems are the products offered by the company.
3) Godrej – voted the Most Trusted Brand, Gold award (Reader’s Digest consumer survey) 4 years in a row by its consumers has continued to be a Superbrand. In 1958, Godrej Appliances made the very first refrigerator in India. It is a very old name associated with the Indian kitchen & household. The PUF (polyurethane foam) technology was launched way back in the 80s. It created 100% CFC free fridges much before the green revolution stepped in. Godrej appliances is known for not just Refrigerators but Washing Machines, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, DVD Players and Television. Eon range of refrigerators was intyroduced by Godrej.
4) Carrier – Carrier Corporation provides heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, components, controls and services for residential, commercial, industrial and transportation applications and food service equipment. With 2009 revenues of $11.4 billion, Carrier has operations in more than 170 countries. Carrier is part of United Technologies Corporation, which provides high technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide. Over the decades, Carrier name has become synonymous with reliability, innovation, commitment, superior technology, cutting-edge manufacturing and world-class performance. It also has one of the most prestigious installation bases in the world. The Company has a strong network of over 590 sales and service dealers and 1000 distributors and retailers.
5) Philips – As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 119,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 25.4 billion in 2010, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being. As one of the nation’s most well-known brands, Philips is a part of practically every Indian’s life. Philips has been operating in India for over 75 years and employs over 4,500 employees around the country. The company has an excellent pan India distribution and after-sales service network. Philips manufactures consumer products like TV, sound systems, household appliances, personal grooming products, PC products & phones, lighting accessories & healthcare products.
6) Sony – is a well known brand in providing excellent audio & picture quality & hence its products like mobile phones, music systems, TVs, video cameras & laptops have a superior make. Started in Japan in 1946, Sony is one of the world’s leading manufacturers for consumer electronics and broadcast & professional products. One of the most recognized brand names in the world today, Sony Corporation, Japan, established its India operations in November 1994, focusing on the sales and marketing of Sony products in the country. In a span of 15 years Sony India has become the country’s foremost consumer electronics brand. With brands names such as BRAVIA, BRAVIA Theatre, Cyber-shot‚ Handycam, VAIO, Walkman, Xplod, Memory Stick‚ PlayStation, Sony has established itself as a value leader across its various product categories of audio/visual entertainment products, information and communications‚ recording media, business and professional products. In India, Sony has its presence across all major towns and cities through a distribution network comprising of over 5000 dealers and distributors, 240 exclusive Sony outlets and 19 direct branch locations. Sony India also has a strong service presence across the country with 20 company owned and 190 authorized service centers and 16 exclusive demonstration centers.
7) Toshiba – Toshiba India Private Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation Japan. It has its headquarters in Japan. Toshiba Corporation is a world-class innovator and industry leader in three key domains: Digital Products, Electronics Devices and Social Infrastructure. The product ranges from notebook computers, LCD TVs, home appliances like refrigerators, washing machine etc, multi-functional peripherals (copy/print/ fax/ scan etc.),transmission distribuon & industrial systems.
8) Bajaj Electronics – is a 72 year old company with a turnover of Rs. 2,763 crores, & a part of the US $ 7 billion Bajaj Group. Bajaj Electricals Limited has six strategic business units – Engineering and Projects, Appliances, Fans, Luminaires, Lighting and Morphy Richards. The range includes Microwave Ovens, Room Coolers, Water Heaters, Room Heaters, Oven-Toaster-Grillers, Toasters, Juicers & Mixer Grinders, Food Processors, Steam & Dry Irons and Water Purifiers. All of these have found favour in the Indian kitchens and homes for decades. The company has also invested in Starlite Lighting for manufacture of energy saving lamps (CFL). Bajaj Electricals has 19 branch offices spread in different parts of the country besides being supported by a chain of about 1000 distributors, 4000 authorized dealers, over 4,00,000 retail outlets and over 282 Customer Care centers.
9) Panasonic – Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of US$79.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2010. Its operations are across 9 countries, with a workforce of about 385,000 spread over 75 companies. Panasonic has built 297 manufacturing facilities across the world. The Company recently acquired Sanyo in a USD 9 billion deal, making it the world’s second largest conglomerate in the electronics industry. In the electrical appliance zone, Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd. operates through:
Panasonic Home Appliances India Co. Ltd [PHAI] for manufacture, import, marketing and sales of kitchen appliances and small domestic appliances. Product categories include beauty care, personal care and health care items. PHAI is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Panasonic Industrial India (PIIN) for making available compressors, motors for Air conditioners and Refrigerators, Various types of Battery for application such as UPS / E-Bike / Windmill / Solar System / and many other industrial applications, Flat and Plasma Panel for Flat TV and Plasma TV.
10) Onida – Onida is a popular electronics brand in India. Onida has a network of 33 branch offices, 208 Customer Relation Centers and 41 depots spread across India.the first to launch the Webcruiser TV, the world’s first built-in Internet TV which offers the benefits of a personal computer and a TV, and that too, equipped with a modem, printer port and a cordless keyboard with it; the first to launch the ultimate in Flat TV technology with Onida Black with a high picture clarity with DVMC which ensures uniform scanning at the centre and corners of the TV screen. In 2003-04 the company launched the washing machine with Hydrofall technology which addressed the need of having a more powerful cleaning system. Only ONIDA ACs have unique and advanced features like i-cool, Actual Savings Meter, One Touch AC & Fan Auto control, Large Display & Biosleep with 3 stage control. The product range includes washing machines, air conditioners, DVDs, microwave ovens, LCD LED TVs, mobile phones.
11) Sharp – The product range includes LCD TV, normal TV, home appliances like refrigerators, microwave oven, plasmacluster ion generator & air-purifiers.The company has also recently launched an aggressive strategy to sell ACs in the market.
Besides the company listed above other companies are Videocon Group, Akai, GE, Seimens, Mitsubihsi and a few others.Google+